Since launching Goodbye Drinking late in 2015, a lot has happened in the ensuing 7-8 months. I’ve written articles for Huffington Post and news.com.au, been asked to be an ambassador for Febfast, and appeared on Channel 7’s Sunrise program. The website is very much a ‘when I’ve got a spare moment’ labour of love at the moment, so the attention I’ve received has been overwhelming.
The website now enjoys thousands of unique visitors every month, and many of you have sent me the most amazing emails, outlining your incredible stories of battling alcohol dependency, or the joy you feel now you’ve given the booze away. It’s truly inspiring stuff to read.
Recently I was asked to appear on Pathways, a Podcast all about regular people who discuss pivotal moments in their life that have got them to where they are today, as well as some great SME guests sharing tips and tricks. Make sure you check out Candourly, which is the bigger idea the podcast supports, they are a Melbourne-based Start Up with the ambitious mission of changing work forever.
On the podcast we discussed:
- How Goodbye Drinking started, and why I wanted to do it
- Why I wanted to help people to quit drinking, drink less or take a break from alcohol
- The relationship between drinking and networking in the Australian workforce
- How to be strong and stay the course once you’ve decided to change you relationship with alcohol
- The benefits of a life without alcohol
Here is the podcast in all its glory. Have a listen by clicking play below, or head over to the Pathways page and listen to it there. I’d be very interested to hear your thoughts once you’re done. You can leave a comment in the comments section below, or send me an email to email@example.com.